Participation in 15 hours of the Summer Professional Learning Forum can be submitted for 1 credit hour of renewal or non-degree graduate credit*. For participants who need or desire 3+ hours of non-degree graduate credit for renewal or salary reclassification, the WVDE currently provides 4 self-paced, three or four-session e-learning courses for 1 credit hour each.
The following self-paced three- or four-session, 1 credit hour e-learning courses can be combined with the 1 credit hour from the Summer Professional Learning Forum for 3 or more credit hours. Courses begin August 1, 2021, and will require work after school resumes*:
- Pandemic Learning Loss Module
- Social and Emotional Learning Module
- West Virginia Tiered System of Support Module
- Trauma-Informed School Practices Module
- Will not be accepted for renewal or salary reclassification if the educator has already completed the 3-hour course-Trauma Sensitive Schools
- Possibility of additional courses to be added as they are developed.
For those seeking salary reclassification, courses may be paid for individually or for a combined fee upon completion of 3 credit hours.
*All grades will appear on Fall 2021 transcripts. Transcripts will become available the week of December 15, 2021.