The dance performance(s) for Arts Alive will be chosen through a submission process. Arts Alive! wants to include more original teacher and student work in the showcase performance this year. If you, your students, or one of your classes has a piece you feel should be considered for Arts Alive! 2020, follow these submission guidelines:
- Prepare a video of an original dance piece.
- Film the dance piece in a studio, gym or stage with FULL lights. No light cues or fade out or up. This allows the committee to see the full piece. There can be, however, light cues for the performance.
- Content must not contain material or language that may be considered inappropriate for a family-centered audience. Be judicious in music and movement choices.
- Suggested length is 5 minutes or less showing a completed or nearly finished piece.
- If available, please wear costumes for the video. If not, please have dancers wear all black.
- Piece can be the work of a single choreographer or a collaborative effort among students or between teacher/students or guest artist. Piece does not have to be from a performance.
- Include all relevant program information (e.g. title, music, choreographer, dancer(s) and any costume, and design ideas).
- Digital submissions should follow the designated link for Dance
- Acceptance notification will be on or before March 2, 2020.
- If you have questions about DANCE submissions, please contact Donald Laney firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must be received by February 22, 2020. Notification of acceptance will be on or before March 2, 2020.