Music performance(s) for Arts Alive may be chosen from on-line submissions through the West Virginia Department of Education and state music education professional association adjudicated events and conferences (e.g. WVMEA, WVACDA).
Submission guidelines are as follows:
- Prepare a video of your vocal (choir) or instrumental (band, strings) ensemble or solo work(s). Note that instrumental ensembles are not limited to traditional band or strings but may include Orff instruments, steel drums, handbells, recorder consorts, Mariachi bands, folk and ethnic instrumentation (e.g. blue grass fiddlers) and other non-traditional ensembles. The audition video does not have to be from a performance.
- Musicians need to be dressed in all black or ensemble uniform for the video.
- Content must not contain material or language that may be considered inappropriate for a family-centered audience.
- Suggested length is 5 minutes or less showing a work in progress but showing promise or a completed or nearly finished piece.
- Include all relevant program information (e.g. titles, composers, performers) and any costume and design ideas if applicable.
- Digital submissions should follow the designated link for Music: wvde.us/arts-alive/music
- Acceptance notification via email will be on or before March 18, 2020.
- If you have questions about MUSIC submissions, contact William Cosby firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
All submissions must be received by March 7, 2020.