A vital, integrated part of the Art Exhibit at Arts Alive 2020 will be the artwork of Pre-K and Kindergarten students…truly young artists! Each county will select rich visual art pieces from your county Universal Pre-K and Kindergarten classrooms. Remember that young children’s artwork:
a) focuses on process, not product;
b) may or may not be “something;”
c) needs a title for the work;
d) should provide opportunity to work with various media and
e) should be created using developmentally appropriate practices (open-ended art).
- Note that no pre-made craft items will be accepted.
- To ensure the exhibit provides the most accurate information about the child, media used, and process of creation, complete the document titled Pre-K and Kindergarten Submission Form 2020 for the pieces of artwork submitted by your county.
- Mail this form along with the child’s artwork to Dr. Raymond Lowther (see address below).
- Artwork will be returned to the student or County Pre-K Coordinator/Contact if indicated on submission form.
- We will arrange to have all 2D artwork gallery matted and shrink wrapped for the Arts Alive Exhibit!
- 3D work will be securely and professionally displayed.
- If you have questions about Pre-K and Kindergarten submissions, please contact Rhonda Fisher email@example.com
All work must be received on or before March 6, 2020.
Mail artwork to:
Dr. Raymond Lowther
West Virginia Department of Education
Office of Middle / Secondary Learning
Building 6, Room 221
1900 Kanawha Boulevard East
Charleston, WV 25305-0330