The goal is to provide educators with the 21st-century skills and tools necessary to assume the role of a Technology Integration Specialist (TIS). A TIS is a curriculum coach that has added expertise in using technology tools to increase student engagement with learning.
Participants in this initiative will receive intense professional development. Completers of the program may apply for the TIS advanced credential awarded by the Office of Professional Preparation. The professional development includes the following:
- Attending 2 summer training sessions, typically late June and Mid July;
- Participation in Online courses;
- Optional face-to-face workshops (one in the fall and one in the spring, typically by the regions formally known as RESA); and
- Other professional development opportunities related to topics such as project-based learning, specific technology tools, Online content resources, data analysis for instructional decision-making, and instructional technology integration issues.
- Sample School-Based TIS Job Description
- If you are a full-time educator in WV, contact your county technology director and/or superintendent for more information. Notification of open enrollment goes out in mid-May and applications are received until June 1.
Email Lori Whitt (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information