For 2021-22 school year, P-EBT benefits are issued in the student’s name. The P-EBT card needs to accompany the child with any changes in placement. It is a benefit for the child.

If you are a foster parent that receives a P-EBT card for a student who is no longer in your care, you need to contact your county DHHR office and speak to the child’s caseworker. The caseworker will work alongside WVDE and the Bureau for Children and Families to take all the steps to reissue the card so the benefit can be used for the child at their new placement.

If you become a foster parent to a child that receives a P-EBT card, and that card was not given to you by your case worker, please contact the child’s school and make sure you are listed as the Primary Guardian. After you update guardianship with the school then contact the WV P-EBT hotline at 1-866-545-6502 and they will assist you in obtaining a new card.

If you are a CPS caseworker who receives a P-EBT card mailed to your home address on behalf of a child in foster care, you need to verify the child’s current placement, update the placement in FACTS, contact the guardian, and give them the P-EBT card for the child. Please advise the new guardian to call the child’s school and update the guardian information.