The West Virginia Department of Education is seeking an original student poster design for Arts Alive!
- The design will represent Arts Alive 2023, which is the annual showcase for dance, music, theatre, and visual art.
- Students must submit original designs that are not copyrighted and do not contain clip art.
- Students are encouraged to think about the work abstractly. Limit the use of stereotypical arts symbols.
- Teachers are encouraged to research graphic poster design and share the elements of graphic poster design with students.
- Designs should be in FULL COLOR using a variety of colors, not limiting the work to only two or three colors. Designs can be drawn by hand or created with digital software. The designs need to be easily scalable for multiple uses as it will be used for the poster, program cover, and other promotional materials.
- The poster design must include the words “Arts Alive!” and the year “2023” in a legible format.
- Leave room for the official Arts Alive logo in your design.
- The Arts Alive! Planning Committee will select the winning design.
- The winning designer will have an opportunity to collaborate with WVDE’s graphic artist to ensure that the editing and production process are an educational and rewarding experience.
- The winning designer must agree to assign the copyright to Arts Alive! and attach no restrictions to the use of the poster design.
- Digital submissions can be submitted using the online application.
- Digital file size should not exceed 2mb.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. Friday, February 10, 2023.
If you have questions about POSTER submissions, please contact Dr. Lowther: