The W.Va. Code § 18-5-22 allows for the convening of the WV Council of School Nurse (WVCOSN) by the state board of education. The purpose of the Council is to develop safe and evidence-based practice standards for school health/nursing services as published in the Basic and Specialized Health Care Procedure Manual for West Virginia Public Schools. Each region in West Virginia has a Council of School Nurse Representative to ensure a statewide voice.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- eSchoolcare (an online nursing resource for WV school nurse RNs and LPNs)
- National Association of School Nurses (NASN)
- National Association of State School Nurse Consultants (NASSC)
- WV Bureau for Public Health/Department of Health and Human Resources (WV BPH/DHHR)