The dance performance(s) for the 2024 Arts Alive will be chosen through a submission process. Arts Alive wants to include more original teacher and student work in the showcase performance. If you, your students, school dance team, or your classes have a piece you feel should be considered for Arts Alive, please follow the submission guidelines below:
- Prepare a video of an original dance piece.
- Film the dance piece in a studio, gym, or stage with FULL lights. No light cues or fade out or up. This allows the committee to see the full piece. However, there can be light cues for the performance.
- Content must not contain material or language that may be considered inappropriate for a family-centered audience. Be judicious in music and movement choices.
- Suggested length is 5 minutes or less showing a completed or nearly finished piece.
- If available, please wear costumes for the video. If not, please have dancers wear all black.
- Piece can be the work of a single choreographer or a collaborative effort among students or between teacher/students or guest artists. The piece does not have to be from a performance.
- Include all relevant program information (e.g. title, music, choreographer, dancer(s), costume, and design ideas).
- Digital submissions can be submitted using the application.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2024.
- Those accepted will be notified via email on or before Friday, March 22, 2024.
If you have questions about DANCE submissions, please contact Tabetha Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org.