There are occasions when changes to the program must occur. All changes of substance to approved universal WV Pre-K program structure must be submitted as an addendum to the WVDE with signatures of all the required county collaborative early childhood core team members for review and approval 30 days prior to the implementation of the changes. Changes of substance refer to program changes including, but not limited to classroom locations, operation, curriculum, staffing, and resources. This addendum process not only ensures core team decision making and collaboration, but also assists in maintaining updated program information in the Early Learning Reporting System: Pre-K, or ELRS: Pre-K. The addendum process includes the following steps:
- Create an addendum to illustrate the program changes. This includes opening, closing, or moving a classroom. An addendum must also be submitted when there is a change in collaborative partners for any classroom.
- The addendum provided by the team must include the following:
- Name and address of the site.
- Name of the classroom.
- Changes to current program structure.
- Rationale/description for the addendum.
- Overview of the results impact the addendum will have on the community.
- Community partners included in the addendum.
- The addendum, once signed by all core team members, must be submitted to the WV Universal Pre-K Steering Team by sending an electronic copy via e-mail to the WV Universal Pre-K Coordinator in the Office of Early Learning.
- Once the addendum is reviewed by the WV Universal Pre-K Steering Team, the WV Universal Pre-K Coordinator will send an electronic addendum verification to the county collaborative early childhood core team.
- The WV Universal Pre-K Coordinator will make classroom changes from the addendum in the Early Learning Reporting System (ELRS: Pre-K) by adding or removing a classroom.
- The County Pre-K Coordinator will edit or add any additional classroom information in the ELRS: Pre-K.
There is not an official addendum form; however, a sample form, the WV Universal Pre-K Addendum Template, is available to assist county collaborative early childhood core teams in completing the process. A county collaborative early childhood core team may submit an addendum in any format as long as all required information is included.