The WVDE Office of Student Enrichment Programs develops, implements and manages programs for grades PK-12 that:
- Advance a unified commitment to excellence and equity.
- Expand educational opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom setting.
- Develop and Expand personal and career development.
- Support teachers and students by focusing on content knowledge, critical thinking, problem-solving, study skills, and work/life/social skills.
- Support programs that provide engaging and empowering learning opportunities for students such as the Governor’s Schools, Golden Horseshoe, Academic Showdown, Arts Alive, Seal of Biliteracy, Extended Learning Opportunities, Innovation in Education, State Fairs, Advanced Placement®, Dual Credit, Fit and Active Challenge, STEAM Technical Assistance Center, and many others.
Student Enrichment Programs use both a collaborative and collegial approach to develop and provide resources and support for all student programs along with West Virginia Board of Education policies such as, but not limited to, Policy 2510, Assuring Quality of Education: Regulations for Education Programs, and Policy 2445.40, Instructional Resources.