The TACs are designed to create a broader support network to meet students’ needs. Through enhanced systems of professional development, technical assistance, and collaboration, the TACs will offer assistance to (among others):
- Early and elementary learning service providers
- STEAM providers
- Behavioral and mental health providers
- Special education providers
Services for these education professionals and staff members are important because they:
- Understand the types of technical assistance that are most beneficial for achieving particular, effective practices and positive systemic outcomes
- Build capacity to provide technical assistance to county school systems, schools, educators, and families around the respective areas of expertise.
Under the leadership of the WVDE, four TACs will be fully operational during the 2021-22 school year, and will provide services to all regions of the state through partnerships with education institutions.