The Office of Data Management & Information Systems is staffed by programmers, analysts, technicians, and researchers to develop, maintain, protect, and support school districts in using WVDE’s extensive education data collection and information systems.
Their work spans multiple functional areas, including but not limited to: data systems development; federal and state projects; support, compliance, and research; and the Tools for Schools initiative (i.e., technical assistance with technology purchases and contracts providing end-to-end technology solutions for the Pre-K–12 system).
Data Management & Information Systems
- WV Education Information System (WVEIS)
- Office of Data Analysis & Research
- Office of Infrastructure & Network Operations
- System technology support, including but not limited to:
- Application development
- Hardware maintenance
- Statewide network and internet access and connectivity
- Data collections
- Federal/state required reporting
- Student data privacy
- WV Kids Connect initiative
- Tools for Schools initiative and E-Rate program
- secondlaunchWV initiative