- County nominees will apply online at https://wvde.us/service-personnel-of-the-year/service-personnel-application/and upload the following to the West Virginia Department of Education(WVDE) by 11:59 pm on May 15, 2021:
- A signed letter of consent from the county superintendent stating that the applicant is the county’s official nominee for the 2020 West Virginia School Service Personnel of the Year program;
- A list of continuing education or training courses
- A list of community service activities, membership of organizations or committees (e.g. local school improvement council), or any awards, recommendations or recognitions
- Two letters of recommendation:
- No more than two letters of recommendation will be accepted.
- One letter shall be from the nominee’s principal or immediate supervisor.
- The second letter shall be from a colleague, administrator, teacher, parent, civic/community leader, or student.
- The letters must be distinct and provide specific examples of the Nominee’s contributions to his/her school and/or district.
- Letters must be distinct and different in content;
- Statement from County Nominating Committee
- List of Examples of the Nominee’s Exemplary Performance:
- Provide specific examples of activities that demonstrate exemplary performance that promotes student learning (e.g. activities that create safe/healthy schools and/or positive relationships with parents, students, coworkers and community members).
Note: Additional uploaded documents or pages beyond the requirements will not be considered.
- A panel appointed by the State Superintendent of Schools will review the online application submissions.
- Following a review of the applications of all county nominations, the state review panel will select the top three finalists and interviews them. Then the name of the state selected top finalist will be forwarded to the State Superintendent of Schools as the West Virginia School Service Personnel of the Year.
- For more information about the application scoring criteria, see the Application Rubrics.
The State Superintendent of Schools will contact the employee’s county superintendent in September.