In addition to the online application, please be prepared to upload other items such as:
- Resume (no more than two pages);
- Professional Biography;
- One letter of recommendation from a colleague, administrator, or student (The letter should not exceed one page in length);
- Video (2-5 minutes) of yourself teaching a lesson to students. Include YouTube link of lesson with the viewing option set to public so reviewers can view. (Teachers are responsible for taking the necessary precautions to protect student confidentiality and obtain parent consent.);
- 5×7 Publicity headshot photo;
- Signed letter of consent from Superintendent;
- Response questions;
- Acknowledgement Form.
A printable version of the online application is available.
Note: Please note that the printable version of the online application is for your reference purpose only. Your application form will be considered ONLY when it’s filled out and submitted online.
The application window for the 2023 West Virginia Teacher of the Year will open March 1, 2022 and close at 11:59 pm on May 15, 2022.