The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship for high achieving, self-motivated students. The scholarship provides up to $6,000 each semester, for up to eight consecutive semesters, to help recipients graduate college debt free. Over Eight Hundred Hagan Scholars from 42 states are currently attending 325 colleges and universities.
Recipients must graduate from a public high school located in a county having fewer than 50,000 residents and enroll at a four-year not-for-profit college or university the first semester following high school graduation. Scholarship benefits include Free Workshops, Schwab Accounts, and Study Abroad; providing recipients with a practical understanding of important life skills not typically taught as a part of the school curriculum.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must attend an Eligible Public High School.
- Must be a student in the 2020 high school graduating class.
- Must have achieved a high school CGPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Must have scored 24 or higher on the ACT (Composite Score) or 1,150 on the SAT.
- Must enroll at an eligible four-year college the first semester following high school graduation.
- Must work 240 hours in the twelve months prior to the start of college; from August 2019 to August 2020.
- Must complete the FAFSA in 2019 using 2018 tax return information; the EFC must not exceed $6,500.
- Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
For more information, visit Hagan Scholarships.