2024 Arts Alive Theatre Submission Guidelines
Theatre performance(s) for the 2024 Arts Alive may be chosen from online submissions through the West Virginia Department of Education, the West Virginia State Thespian Festival or the West Virginia Theatre Festival. Both traditional and non-traditional theatre submissions will be considered. Traditional theatre submissions include monologues, scenes, and musical theatre solos, duets, or production numbers. Non-traditional submissions can include, but are not limited to: puppetry, stage combat, improv, reader’s theatre, masques, and other “fringe” theatre performances.
If you will not be attending the State Thespian Festival in March, but have something you would like to be considered for Arts Alive, please follow these submission guidelines for alternative consideration:
- Prepare a video of your theatrical performance. This video does not have to be from an actual performance, but it should be near-performance ready. For traditional theatre submissions, students should be off-book.
- Musical theatre submissions can include dialogue and dance. Opening production numbers are encouraged.
- If there are no specific costumes, actors should dress in all black for the video.
- Content must not contain material or language that may be considered inappropriate for a family-centered audience.
- Length must be less than 5 minutes.
- Include all relevant program information (e.g. title, piece, performers) and costume and design ideas if applicable.
- Digital submissions can be submitted using the application.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m., Friday, March 29, 2024.
- Those accepted will be notified via email on or before Monday, April 2, 2024.
If you have questions about Theatre submissions, please contact Jeremiah Smallridge firstname.lastname@example.org.