Summary of Application Requirements: (Review WVBE Policy 5202 and the certification website for complete requirements)
- Application Fee: $100
- Payment link: https://wveis.k12.wv.us/certpayment/
- Validity Period: 5 years
- General Requirements: US Citizen or hold eligible documentation (see WVBE Policy 5202); good character; age 18; physically, mentally, and emotionally qualified
- Education Level: A minimum of a high school diploma or higher education degree as identified within the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Endorsements and Testing Manual on the WVDE website
- Educational Work Experience: Hold three years of successful out-of-state experience as an educator in the requested specialization(s) within the seven year period preceding the date of application
- Credential: A valid out-of-state Career and Technical Education Certificate and industry-recognized credential(s) as identified in the Career and Technical Education Endorsements and Testing Manual (if applicable)
- Testing: Passing scores on the required NOCTI exam(s) as identified within the Career and Technical Education Endorsements and Testing Manual (if applicable)
- Employment Required: See WVBE Policy 5202 and CTE Endorsements and Testing Manual for details.
- Official Recommendation: See WVBE Policy 5202 and CTE Endorsements and Testing Manual for details.
- Primary Contact Info: Lori Wilson, email@example.com
Paper Application Instructions:
Paper Application Instructions:
Paper Application Instructions (only for those not available electronically):
Step 1: Download Application Form from the Application Forms Website.
Step 2: Print the paper application(s) and complete all required applicant information fields. Correspond with necessary entities (ex. school district, institutions of higher education, etc.) to acquire all required information and signatures for completion of the application.
Step 3: Payment for paper applications should be completed online prior to submitting an application to Office of Certification. Pay for paper applications at https://wveis.k12.wv.us/certpayment/. If employment within the West Virginia educational system is required for the license/certificate you seek, please verify with your employer that the application has been completed correctly before submitting an online payment.
Step 4: Submit the paper application for processing with all required supportive documentation (ex. official transcripts, etc.) to the Office of Certification. Pease mail to the following address:
West Virginia Department of Education
Office of Certification Services
Building 6, Suite 550
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, WV 25305-0330
Note: If you are employed within a West Virginia educational system, the application must be uploaded by the employer’s human resources office.
Step 5: If you are a first-time applicant for licensure (have never held a license/certificate issued by the WVDE), you will receive an email with a service code to make your background check appointment once the application is received by our office. You will need to follow these directions for first-time applicants. (*Note: This requirement does not apply to Forms 23 and 24B.*