Thank you for your interest in the GSLACH hosted by the West Virginia Culture Center and West Virginia State University. Please review the qualifications listed below before completing this part of the application.
- Must be a current middle school student in West Virginia with plans to attend next school year.
- Must be a West Virginia resident.
- Must be an 8th grade student
- Must have a grade-point average of at least 3.0.
- Must have a recommendation from the school principal (within Part II of the application).
- Must have one teacher recommendation to include with Part II of the application.
The state deadline for application is Friday, March 29, 2024.
Application Part I
A PDF version of Part I is provided here. We recommend collecting all required documents within the application before starting the online form. We do not accept PDF version of Part I. Please submit this part online only.
Part I goes directly to the West Virginia Department of Education (WVDE). Students must complete this part of the application below starting Part II.
Application Part II
Part II of the application requires students to type information within the PDF and print pages to be completed by the school counselor and principal.
Important: Once you have all the required signatures and supporting documents, please scan all documents into one PDF file and electronically submit it to the school counselor for review by the school selection committee. Once the PDF has been submitted to the school counselor, the application process is complete for the student.
The state deadline for applications from the county superintendent is Friday, March 29, 2024.
If you have questions, please contact Dustin Lambert, WVDE State Coordinator of West Virginia Governor’s Schools – email@example.com or (304) 558-5325.