Thank you for your interest in the West Virginia Governor’s Computer Science Institute (GCSI). Please review the qualifications listed below before completing Part I and Part II of the application.
- Must be a current high school student in West Virginia with plans to attend next school year.
- Must be a West Virginia resident.
- Must be a 9th or 10th grade student at the time of application.
- Must have a grade-point average of at least 3.0
- Must have a recommendation from the school principal (include in your application)
- The state deadline for Part I and II of the application is April 15, 2024. It is the responsibility of the student to collect all required documents.
- Part II of the application (this form and all supporting documents as required within the application) is submitted directly to the state file submission location (on the last page of this application).
- The application must include a copy of the student’s transcript.
Application Part I
Complete Part I of the application online.
A PDF version of Part I is provided here. We recommend collecting all required documents within the application before starting the online form. We do not accept a PDF version of Part I. Please submit this part online only.
Part I goes directly to the WVDE. Students must complete this part of the application before beginning Part II.
Application Part II
- Part II of the application requires students to type information within the PDF and print pages to be completed by the school counselor and principal.
Important: Once you have all the required signatures and supporting documents, please scan all documents into one PDF file and electronically submit it to the file upload location below:
Application Part II Upload Folder
The state deadline for applications is Monday, April 15, 2024.
If you have questions, please contact Dustin Lambert, WVDE State Coordinator of West Virginia Governor’s Schools – email@example.com or (304) 558-5325.