Thank you for your interest in the GST. Please review the qualifications listed below before completing this part of the application.
- Must be a current high school student in West Virginia with plans to attend next year.
- Must be a West Virginia resident.
- Must be a freshman or sophomore at the time of application.
- Must have a grade-point average of at least 3.0.
- Must satisfy all immunization requirements according to the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR). Non-public school and homeschooled students must provide proof of immunizations.
The school counselor must be involved in the application process for the GST. Please provide sufficient time for school personnel to secure the required documents for the application.
Within the application, students will be required to secure TWO teacher recommendations. Please provide sufficient notice to teachers prior to submitting the application.
Application Part I
A PDF version of Part I is provided here. We recommend collecting all required documents within the application before starting the online form. We do not accept PDF versions of Part I. Please submit this part online only.
Part I goes directly to the WVDE. Students must complete this part of the application below starting Part II.
Application Part II
Part II of the application requires students to type information within the PDF and print pages to be completed by the school counselor and principal.
Important: Once you have all the required signatures and supporting documents, please scan all documents into one PDF file and electronically submit it to the school counselor for review by the school selection committee. Once the PDF has been submitted to the school counselor, the application process is complete for the student.
The state deadline for applications from the county superintendent is Friday, April 26, 2024.