The West Virginia Department of Education (WVDE) provides training as a means for SLPs to earn CEUs. These are not credit bearing modules. The SLP Professional Development modules have been developed through collaboration between WVU Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and the WV Department of Education.
The SLP Clinical Education and Supervision for Speech Language Pathology Modules provide an overview of the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA), Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CAPSCD), Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA), and West Virginia Department of Education’s Policy 5100 that requires that therapists who provide supervision to graduate students, SLPA’s and Clinical Fellowship Year (CF) candidates complete professional development regarding supervision as a distinct area of practice.
- Enroll in the SLP Training Modules
- Course Modules:
- SLP Training Set 1
- SLP Module 1: Children with Hearing Loss
- SLP Module 2: School Based Management of Children with Cleft Palate
- SLP Module 3: The Many Hats of the School System SLP
- SLP Module 4: Evidence Based Treatment of Severe Speech Sound Disorders In Children
- SLP Module 5: Stuttering Assessment Treatment
- SLP Module 6: Assistive Technology
- Clinical Education and Supervision Set 2
- SLP Module 1: Clinical Education and Supervision for Speech Language Pathology in the Schools
- SLP Module 2: Clinical Education and Supervision for Speech Language Pathology in the Schools
- SLP Module 3: Clinical Education and Supervision for Speech Language Pathology in the Schools
- Schedule and Additional Details