Providing financial assistance to rural districts to assist them in meeting their state’s definition of student progress.
Awards are issued annually to LEAs that meet the applicable program requirements.
The Rural and Low-Income School Program grant may support the following Program Objectives:
- Recruitment and retention of teachers, including the use of signing bonuses and other financial incentives.
- Professional development for teachers, including programs that train teachers to utilize technology to improve teaching and to train teachers of students with special needs.
- Parental involvement activities.
- Activities authorized until Title I, Part A, Improving Basic Programs Operated by Local Educational Agencies.
- Activities authorized under Title II, Part A, Teacher and Principal Training and Recruiting Funds.
- 6. Activities authorized under Title III, Part A, Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Youth.