The WVDE is committed to engaging families in their child’s education. We understand that a family’s engagement in their child’s education is key in improving outcomes for their child.
We want to authentically engage and listen to families so that they are equipped to act as effective partners and are prepared to share the responsibility in learning so that their children reach their full potential and graduate college and/or career ready.
WVDE Family, School, and Community Engagement Core Beliefs:
- All families have dreams for their children and want to see them succeed.
- All families have the capacity to support their children’s learning.
- When families are equipped with accurate, relevant, and timely information, they are properly positioned to partner to support their children’s learning.
- Families and school staff should be equal partners with support from the community.
- The responsibility for building positive productive relationships between school and home rests primarily with the school staff, especially school and county leaders.
The resources provided through this website will help families and community members as we all work as partners in making all WV students successful.