The summer benefit is valued at $120 for each eligible student. This is a one-time payment.
- Your student’s card will arrive in a plain white envelope. It will have a South Dakota return address on it. Please be watching for this in the mail. It will look plain – and could resemble junk mail.
- If your child previously received a PEBT card, and they are still eligible in future issuances, benefits will be loaded onto the existing card. A letter notifying households of the benefit issuance will be mailed to address of record with the child’s school ahead of any new benefits being loaded onto the card.
No, they do not need to be present.
You can purchase the same things allowable by SNAP. This information can be found at https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items. P-EBT benefits cannot be used at a restaurant or ATM. There is no cash value for this benefit.
- There are a limited number of private schools that participate in the NSLP. Only students who qualify for free or reduced-price school meals at those participating institutions will qualify.
- Unfortunately, if your child’s private school is not a participating school, the student is not eligible for P-EBT
- Please click here to learn more about private schools in West Virginia participating in NSLP in the 2022-2023 school year.
Students enrolled in Head Start that are affiliated with a school that participates in the National School Lunch Program are eligible.
Any unused P-EBT benefits will be returned to the federal government in 274 days after issuance.
P-EBT is non-transferable and is meant to purchase food for the student listed on the card only. It cannot be transferred or donated to another child if you choose not to use it. If you do not wish to utilize P-EBT benefits, destroy the card in an appropriate manner. Unused funds are sent back to the US Treasury at the end of the expungement period.
WVDE/WVDHHR will use the current mailing address from your student’s school record. If that address is not correct, the P-EBT card will be recorded as undeliverable in the WVDE system. WVDE will work with county board of educations and will attempt to contact you for corrected mailing address information. If possible, contact your school now to update the address in your student’s school record.
Foster care children who are eligible under the established criteria will receive P-EBT benefits. Because of the possibility of placement changes since the last P-EBT enrollment period, WVDHHR will work with WVDE to identify those eligible foster care students attending identified schools with qualifying events and issue a new card. Cards will be mailed in the student’s name and will not group multiple children together. The mailing address identified within FACTS records for the student will be utilized for mailing of new cards. This process will be the same for all eligible foster care children, including those in congregate care.
Additional resources in your community may be able to assist with a variety of needs – to include food and grocery support.
Click any of the organizations below to find community resources near you.