Students enrolled in a school that participates in the National School Lunch Program that are identified as homeless are eligible for P-EBT on days when in-person instruction is not available and remote learning is taking place.

P-EBT cards will be issued in the student’s name to the mailing address that was provided to the student’s school. If there has been a change in where mail should be sent, parents/guardians need to contact the school and make the appropriate change at the local level.

If a student or family experiencing homelessness is residing in a shelter, that address may be provided to the school for mailing purposes.

West Virginia public schools have homeless liaisons to assist students and families experiencing homelessness. They can be a resource to you as well.

Attendance Directors/Homeless Liaisons Contact List: Contact List

If you are experiencing homelessness and are in need of immediate assistance, you may contact the West Virginia Coalition to End Homelessness’s coordinated entry intake line at 833-722-2014 or learn more here: WVCEH – Where to Find Help

The West Virginia Department of Education maintains an Office of Student Support and Well-Being (OSSW). Newly created during the pandemic, this office offers contacts for several efforts to coordinate services for the whole child and ensures each student has at least one caring adult that keeps them connected to the school system.

OSSW can be reached at 304.558.7805 or learn more here: OSSW