Many students who attend WVSDT facilities are behind their grade-level cohorts. The Option Pathway Program provides another opportunity for our students to catch up on credit deficiencies. Option Pathway combines a state approved CTE (Career Technical Education) Program of Study with the HiSET® exam to earn a high school diploma. Option Pathway requires students to obtain four CTE credits to complete the program. Ready to Work certifications may count for two of these four credits.
There are three options available to students:
- Option 1 (Core): Blend of CTE courses and HSEA (High School Equivalency Assessment) preparation classes to receive diploma
- Option 2 (Credit Recovery): Designed for 12th grade students to recover credit in one failing content area
- Option 3 (HSE (High School Equivalency)): Designed to allow students who have decided to drop out a chance to earn the WV High School Equivalency Diploma
Ready To Work
Certifications are designed to prepare students to enter the workforce when they leave WVSDT.
- Ready to Work 1 Certifications: WV Welcome, CPR/First Aid, Food Handlers, Personal Finance and Tooling U.
- Ready to Work 2 Certifications: OSHA 10, Digital Citizenship, Business Applications and Tooling U.